There are only six present recognized islands in the Hudson River but many former islands that have been lost thanks to human based expansion.
Over the last 200 years, islands which were close to shore were reattached to the mainland by filling them in with construction debris or earth materials to help make room for rails, bridges and roads.
As of 2020, the remaining official six islands of the Hudson River are:
- Schodack Island
- Esopus Island
- Pollepel Island
- Constitution Island
- Iona Island
- Hudson River Islands Park
HVDN & Islands
- A uniquely designed QSL card to commemorate the event
- Help with a donation landing page, with all proceeds going to Bannerman Island Trust
- Willing and capable radio operators interested in a boat journey to the island
- Assistance with marketing and advertising of the event
- Other area communications and well wishes for success